Ag. Lab. Chronicles – The Journal of Fenland Family History Society
This is published 3 times a year and is distributed free of charge to members. Back issues are also available for purchase from the Bookstall.
Issues include contact details for committee members, subscription information, time and location of meetings and our web site address.
Back copies of the Fenland Family History Journals are available on CD in pdf – Nos 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 – Available through Bookstall
A list of contents for published Journals is available HERE in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format
Assistance to Members
The Society keeps a Members Interest List which is made available to members, free of charge.
The Society produces a Journal, Ag. Lab. Chronicles. Members may send in details of any brick wall they need to breach in the hope that others may hold the clue. We also welcome stories of succesful researches!
Members also have an opportunity at the beginning of each meeting to discuss research queries and ask advice from others.
We have started an index of Fenland Strays and our Strays Coordinator welcomes information on any Fenland Strays you find.
The Society has a small reference library for use by its members. Books can be used at meetings. Where books are owned by the Society, or have been loaned on terms that allow it, they may be borrowed by members.
Books from the reference library are available for a small fee (50p) for the maximum loan time of 2 months and second hand Family History books/magazines now available for sale for a small donation.
The Society untertakes a wide variety of projects. Projects currently being undertaken by members of the Society are:
- Recording BMD’s from Star of the East newspaper for our Journal
- Members attending the Family History room at Wisbech library 1st Tuesday each month (except August) to offer help & advice, 10am-12pm.
- Manning our Family History Stand at various local functions
- Recording MI’s at Tydd St. Mary Church & cemetery – COMPLETED
- Recording MI’s at Guyhirn Cemetery – COMPLETED
- Recording MI’s at Wisbech St Mary Church & Cemetery – COMPLETED
- Digitizing- Walsoken BMD registers – COMPLETED
- Digitizing -Sutton St. Edmunds registers – COMPLETED
- Recording- MI’s Sutton St. Edmunds – COMPLETED
- Recording – MI’s Walpole St. Peter – COMPLETED
- Reproducing & Amending MI’s Tilney St. Lawrence – COMPLETED